Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Blank Pages...

Blank pages are 1/2 scary and 1/2 exciting. When you have a blank page, you have a chance to turn it into something great and profound and grammatically correct; conversely, you also have the chance to turn it into something boring, pretentious, and full of mistakes. This blank page is more than 1/2 scary because readers other than my professors may see it. I usually know what to expect from them. I have no idea what to expect from anonymous readers.
I have been wanting to start a a blog for a while, but my life isn't that interesting. It does seem like a good exercise in writing, though, so I think I will give it a try. I like to read my friend's blogs even though they are more than a little boring. Maybe someone will like to read mine.
If you don't know me already, my name is Sarah. I am 22, a senior at Texas State in San Marvelous, Texas. I have a really freaking cute dog named Stella and a really freaking great fiancee named Jeremy. He has a dog too, and his name is Wrigley. He is the best behaved dog I have ever met. After September 4th, we will be one big happy family. I am going to graduate school in the fall to learn how to write well enough to make good money doing it, and hopefully after that I will get a Ph.D. so that I can teach college English. I like to write, I LOVE to read, and I like to do some other things too. I'll get to those things another night, because I don't like going to class when I stay up late. I am going to try to keep up with this on at least a weekly basis, but no promises.

1 Comments:

Blogger AndyOfVermont said...

Oh, wow, a brand new blog. Welcome and good luck!

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home